Bonsai is a journey... not the destination!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A little about myself...

I was born in Montreal Canada in 1956, where I spent my entire childhood. In 1973 I joined the Armed Forces as a Marine Engineer where I embarked on a wonderful 32 year journey, that lasted until my retirement in April 2006. Traveling the world was an enriching experience which I enjoyed tremendously.

I was always intrigued and fascinated with bonsai. My original curiosity dates back to the mid-eighties. Unfortunately back then the information available on the subject was scarce or ambiguous at best. These wonderful dwarfed trees required what was deemed "special needs" etc... as time went by, the Superhighway came about with a plethora of information on the subject and albeit these trees have special needs, I came to find out that, they can be cared for by the average individual with modest means.

No comments: